Black and Gum Hi-Top by Colchester Rubber
1892 National Treasure High Top - Black / Gum
These shoes are faithful replicas of the first basketball sneakers invented in 1892 that were rediscovered in 2004 at an estate sale in Vista, Calif., with the same 5" high-top design, brown canvas uppers, turkey feather sole pattern, and Colchester Rubber Co. crest that are the hallmarks of the originals.
Made from vulcanized rubber and canvas, the original sneakers were the first of their kind that protected feet while running, jumping, and pivoting on gymnasium floors. Updated for contemporary casual wear, the shoes have a built-in arch, cushioned insole, and metal eyelets.
- Featuring Original 1892 Turkey Feather Design Rubber Sole and Colchester Crown Logo
- Natural Gum sole
- Deep Black, Thicker Grade Canvas Uppers with monochrome stitching
- Extra pair of Gum-colored contrast laces included
- Wear A Piece Of Sneaker History, Design Unchanged For The Past 128 Years
- Limited Stock
- Sizing - Similar in size to other popular vintage basketball sneakers. For half sizing, please size up. Run approximately 0.5 size larger than modern US standard sizing.